Whether you’re getting ready to sell your home or settling in for the long haul, you want to make decisions that benefit you.
Some home improvements will pay you more than others. For every $1 you invest in landscaping, you’ll see a 109 percent return, according to Michigan University.
Get the most out of your green investment by learning the best trees you can add or cut down to increase your property’s value.
BEST TREES TO PLANT & TREES YOU SHOULD CUT DOWN IN ORDER TO INCREASE PROPERTY VALE
Do Trees Affect Property Value?
Yes! Davey believes that money does indeed grow on trees. They save money in tangible ways.
A tree in front of a house increases the home’s sales price by an average of $7,130, according to the PNW Research Station.
And if that tree is part of a beautiful, well-kempt landscape, it can increase your home value by 6 to 11 percent, found Michigan University.
FRUIT TREES DO ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOME PALM TREES INCREASE PROPERTY-VALUE.
There is no greater value in fruit or palm trees than any other types of trees. It’s more of an individual preference for potential homebuyers.
If someone is a fan of apples, the tree could be a selling point. A palm tree may also be an attractive option if there are plenty of palms in your area.
Is it possible to increase property value by cutting down trees?
Trees can improve curb appeal by being healthy and well-maintained.
If your tree is a danger to your home or could cause damage, it may be worth removing.
This is how you can decide if it’s necessary to trim a tree on your property or if it just needs some love!
- You should have your tree removed if it is dead 100%.
- If branches are hanging above the roof of your tree, they will need to be cut.
- Trees that are more than 15 feet from your home may pose a danger and should be removed.
What are the best trees to increase property value and add value to your home?
There aren’t any tree species that can increase property value. Instead, it’s about planting hardy trees that are disease-resistant and suited for your planting zone.
This will allow them to grow large and strong. It is the key to increasing your property’s value.
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, HERE ARE A FEW TREES TO BOOST PROPERTY VALUE.
- Northern red oak (zones 3-8):An elegant shade tree that can grow quickly in any type of soil and gives off a beautiful red fall color.
- Sugar maple (zone 3-8):This American classic needs plenty of space to grow, and it delights in brilliant fall color.
- Concolor fir (zones 4-7):Unexpected jade evergreen with citrus-scented needles and toughness
- Bigleaf magnolia (zones 5-8):A small tree withhugeShowy, white flowers attract pollinators and bees.
- Crape myrtle (zones 7-10):This tree is bursting with fuchsia blooms and can be grown as either a small or large tree. It loves the Southern climate.